Fiesole & aperitif, electric bike tour from Florence
The first stop is: Fiesole
A visit to Fiesole is must if you are in Florence; it is really an amazing experience to see Florence from there, but also visit this really ancient little village. And if you are getting there by e-bike, the experience is even more fulfilling.
The slow and sweet climbing by bike to reach the top of the hill to reach Fiesole will help us increase our desire to enjoy the view from there. The heart of Fiesole is Piazza Mino, always crowded with tourists coming from everywhere.
From there, a short, steep climb leads to the convent of San Francesco. At the top of this little road, your efforts will be rewarded. The wonderful panoramic view over Florence and the surrounding silence will enchant you for long minutes.
The second stop is: Monte Ceceri
From the center of Fiesole, with our e-bike, we will depart to reach a truly mystic place, mount Ceceri in Fiesole, where Leonardo da Vinci, for the first time, experienced the human flight with his flying machine, “il Grande Nibbio”.
The third stop is: Montesenario
From monte Ceceri, we will proceed on a panoramic road up to the sanctuary of Montesenario where we will visit the wonderful chapel of the Santissimo (frescos by Foggini), the chapel of the Seven Saints (with the remains of the seven founding friars of Montesenario), the Convent with the fifteenth-century cloister and the Medicean cistern.
We can also visit the caves and cells inhabited anciently by the servants of Mary and the Icehouse, built in the nineteenth century, considered the largest of Italy in its kind.
Last stop, the visit to the bar to savor the liqueurs that are still produced by the friars following the ancient recipes (130 years old) of the historical pharmacy.
Fiesole e-Bike Tour from Florence, Please note:
- Group size: Max 8 Pax, dedicated tour leader. Individual travelers are welcome, discounts for groups.
- Good fitness and ability to drive an e-bike are required.
- Security: We reserve the right to change/cancel the tour in case of adverse weather conditions.
- Total distance by e-bike 41km/25.5mi, altitude difference 1235m/4052ft.
- During the e-bike tour, we will stop for a Tuscan culinary experience.
- This is not a race; we will often stop to enjoy the views and take pictures.
- Video collection of the best moments of the e-bike tour and are WI-FI included.
Do you have questions related to this tour? Please keep in touch with us!
Would you like to see similar tours? Take a look here.