From our selection of “day trips from Florence“, this proposal is focused on e-bike tour of Mugello, an area in northern Tuscany, just a few kilometers out of Florence. This area is known for the famous GP race track but also because here Giotto lived his artistic adolescence, the Medici family was native from here and Lorenzo il Magnifico used to stay in his Villa in Cafaggiolo to enjoy the Mugello’s tranquility.
Mugello lake is called Bilancino; it is an artificial lake and in summer, it is a perfect environment for water sports.
This bike tour of Tuscany will start from Vaglia and will allow us to visit an area outside of tourist routes. The ride is about 20km/12mi distance, elevation gain 500mt/1640ft.
Now it is time to move enjoy a new and exciting experience; fly with the glider. The sense of freedom it gives is huge, stunning view from the sky including also the famous Mugello GP track.
After this adrenaline experience, we are finally ready to relax. During the wine tasting, we will have time to share the top emotions of the day and the related reflections.
Day trips from Florence – Mugello Bike Tour & Sky Sailing – Highlights
- Group size: max 8, dedicated tour leader. Solo travelers are welcome, discount for groups.
- Good physical fitness is required as well as the ability to ride an e-MTB bike.
- Safety: we reserve the right to modify/cancel the tour in case of adverse weather.
- Overall distance by bike 20km/12mi, elevation gain 500mt/1640ft.
- Cycle a touring pace, stopping often to see, touch, smell, and taste the area around us.
- Free”best moments video”: video and photos from the drone and WIFI during the tour.