From our selection of “day trips from Florence“, the tour that we are proposing here will departure from Passo dei Pecorai towards Greve in Chianti using our e-bikes. Interestingly, Greve in Chianti is the only city in the province of Florence that is located in the Chianti area. After a coffee break in the wonderful square in the center of Greve, we will move towards Panzano where we will stop for a well-deserved wine tasting experience.
In our way back to the starting point, we will stop at Montefioralle. The houses of the small town are still surrounded by the ancient defensive walls of the historic castle. Please, take a look at the pictures to get the flavor of the places I just described. The legend says that one of these houses belonged to Amerigo Vespucci, or at least to his family, affirming once again a curious vocation of these rural lands that seem to have produced men destined to cross the most distant oceans.
Another great place we love visiting as part of Chianti Bike Tour is Badia a Passignano. The Abbey of Badia di Passignano (also called the Abbey of San Michele Arcangelo a Passignano) is a historic Benedictine abbey founded in the 11th century located on top of a scenic hill.
Chianti Bike Tour with family and friends is more fun! Thanks e-bike…
IMPORTANT – Above all, this Chianti Bike Tour will allow you to feel the Tuscany Quintessence together with your family and/or friends. Electric bikes do take some of the pain out of climbing; this is a great enabler to live this experience in harmony and safely otherwise impossible. Trust us, we will exceed your expectations!
Chianti Bike & Wine Tour – Day trip from Florence – Highlights
- Group size: max 8 pax, dedicated tour leader. Solo travelers are welcome, discount for groups.
- Good physical fitness is required as well as the ability to ride an e-MTB.
- Safety: we reserve the right to modify/cancel the tour in case of adverse weather.
- Overall distance by bike 35km/22mi, elevation gain 600m/1970ft.
- During the bike tour, we will stop for a Tuscan food experience.
- Cycle a touring pace, stopping often to see, touch, smell, and taste the area around us.
- Free “best moments video”: video and photos from the drone and WIFI during the tour.