Day trips from Florence: Bike Tour of Tuscany inspired by Leonardo da Vinci
From our selection of “day trips from Florence“, this proposal is an e-bike tour in the land of Leonardo da Vinci, in the countryside of Florence, including also a wine tasting experience in an old and luxury villa.
We will visit the house in the village of Anchiano where Leonardo da Vinci was born and the annex museum; a great chance to better know the genius. I do not want to spoil too much, but there is an opportunity to “interact” with Leonardo. Old and tired, Leonardo will talk about his life sharing also several interesting details.
If you are curious about Leonardo’s life, you may consider reading a very interesting article (the author is Kandice Rawlings, associate editor of Oxford Art Online) that is providing a curious perspective on 8 myths around the famous genius.
There is also a great video from Bill Gates talking about Leonardo. Very interesting!
Biking with family and friends is more fun! Thanks e-bike…
IMPORTANT – Above all, this Bike Tour will allow you to feel the Tuscany Quintessence together with your family and/or friends. Electric bikes do take some of the pain out of climbing; this is a great enabler to live this experience in harmony and safely otherwise impossible. Trust me, we will exceed your expectations!
Biking with Leonardo – Day trips from Florence – Highlights
- Group size: max 8 pax, dedicated tour leader. Solo travelers are welcome, discount for groups.
- Good physical fitness is required as well as the ability to ride a mountain bike.
- Safety: we reserve the right to modify/cancel the tour in case of adverse weather.
- Overall distance by bike 20km/12mi, elevation gain: 500mt/1640ft.
- Cycle a touring pace, stopping often to see, touch, smell, and taste the area around us.
- Free “best moments video”: video and photos from the drone and WIFI during the tour.
- Free e-bikes